FILTON COMMUNITY CENTRE

Click here to edit subtitle

The Filton War Memorial Hall (1927) was demolished in 1961 for road improvement, and the Parish Council, the Memorial Hall Trustees and the Community Association formed a committee to build a replacement. This building was commenced during July 1966 and was opened on the 16th September 1967 by Major Burchall.T.D.M.A., chairman of the Gloucestershire County Council.

 

The two Commemorative Plaques were removed from the original hall and re-unveiled by Her Grace The Duchess of Beaufort.